Various words and phrases are used in these Rules for which purpose they have the meanings defined below:
– Bye: An uncontested Match, resulting in automatic progression for the sole Player or Team involved.
– DRA: The Darts Regulation Authority, a not-for-profit Company, limited by guarantee. One of its primary roles is to ensure good governance and integrity within the sport of darts.
– DRA Rules: The rules and regulations drawn up by the DRA from time to time in accordance with Regulation 13 of the DRA Articles of Association including without limitation the rules set out in this DRA Official Rule Book.
– Darts Event: A darts match or tournament organised under the jurisdiction of or in accordance with the DRA rules.
– Double: A double-score section of the board including the center Bull.
– Game Shot: A throw, which must land on a Double, which reduces a Player’s aggregate score for that leg to zero, thus winning the leg.
– Guest: Any person who has been invited to the event by a Player or Promoter.
– Marker: The person appointed by the Promoter to mark scores on official score sheets or an official score board during any Match, also referred to as Scorer.
– Match: A darts match between two Players or between two teams of Players as part of a Darts Event.
– Match Board: The dart board on which a Match is played.
– Member(s): Any member or members of the DRA.
– Official(s): Any official or officials appointed by the Promoter to officiate at a Darts Event.
– Player: Any darts player whether or not a Member and whether or not registered as a darts player with the DRA and participating in any darts event or activity held under DRA rules.
– Players’ Association: Any official association representing the interests of playing members.
– Playing Attire: The clothes and accessories worn by a Player during a Match.
– Promoter: Any organization or individual promoting or organizing, in whole or in part, a Darts Event under DRA Rules.
– Recorder: Any Official appointed by the Promoter to record all Match scores and enter all relevant match play details on official result sheets or record cards.
– Referee: The Official appointed to take charge of match play at a match board or on stage during a Darts Event.
– Regulations: The Articles of Association of The Darts Regulation Authority as amended from time to time.
– Scorer: See definition of Marker .
– Tournament Director: The person appointed by the Promoter to oversee the running of a Darts Event.
– Tournament Venue: The physical location at or in which a Darts Event takes place.